Vice Principal - Q3 Academy, Great Barr
Q3 Academy, Great Barr
Salary Range: L21-25
Required from Easter or September 2017
Q3 is a highly successful, oversubscribed Academy located in Great Barr, committed to raising achievement and curriculum innovation. Our GCSE headline results continue to be among the best in Sandwell, and our students achieved 100% pass rate at A Level. This success is underpinned by a relentless focus on raising standards, developing the whole child and improving the quality of teaching and learning.
The continued growth of the Academy, and the opening of the new Q3 Academy Langley in September 2016, has created several exciting new opportunities within the successful Academy Trust. You will be joining us at a critical time in the Trust's development and we are seeking an experienced leader for Q3 Academy Great Barr, to continue our journey from good to outstanding.
The opportunities for the successful candidate to develop and grow their own career further are there for all to see. You will need to be independent and innovative, working with very high levels of autonomy alongside the Head of School.
We are prepared to tailor the job description to match the talents of the successful applicant. We are seeking the right personal qualities and attributes first and technical skills are a secondary concern.
We need a Vice Principal who possesses:
- The ability to project presence and articulate our vision to all members of the Academy community so building lasting relationships;
- The ability to demonstrate high level inter-personal skills to work successfully with a wide range of audiences;
- An affinity for team work and the ability to build upon the strengths of those around you;
- Ambition and aspiration for all you lead, displaying an inspirational and enthusiastic leadership that will to energise and motivate others;
- A commitment to modelling the highest professional standards and the ability to teacher outstanding lessons;
- A proven track record of change management to secure improved academic standards;
- An innovative and creative approach to problem solving and is prepared to take 'measured risks';
- An infectious passion for learning and success sharing our ethos that 'no child is left behind';
- The energy, enthusiasm and personal warmth and humour to remain resilient and deliver the above.
We can offer you:
- A key leadership role in a forward thinking Academy Trust;
- Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn;
- Creative and hard-working staff, who have a strong sense of commitment to the Academy, its vision and its students;
- Excellent professional development and career progression;
- A well-resourced Academy with excellent facilities;
- A supportive Governing Body;
- An Academy committed to doing its utmost to maximise students' progress and potential for opportunities beyond Q3;
If you have an absolute commitment to teamwork, sharing ideas, improving standards and have the ability to transform vision into reality, then we would welcome your application.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 23rd January 2017
Visits to the Academy are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Hays Education to arrange this.
For more information and to request an application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education on:
Please also see our dedicated recruitment site:
Q3 Academy is committed to Safeguarding Children and Young People.
All post holders are subject to a Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Process (DBS).