Assistant Cost Accountant
Assistant Cost Accountant | Manufacturing | Leek, Staffordshire | £30,000-£35,000
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Manufacturing Business based in Staffordshire.
Recruiting for an Assistant Cost Accountant position, this newly created job within the team will report to the recently appointed Manager and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities and also areas relating to stock, costing, and capital project appraisals.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes.
So what is the job?
- Ensure accurate inventory valuation
- Overhead, stock and labour reporting
- New product costing
- Analyse product profitability for commercial decision making
- Maintain the standard costing system
- Create monthly sales price lists
- Calculate and accrue sales rebates
- Calculate and accrue purchase rebates
- Daily sales reporting
- Monthly forecasting of sales and margins
- Contribute towards annual budgeting process
What are you like?
- Part Qualified ACCA/CIMA or Fully AAT qualified
- Commercially minded
- High degree of integrity
- Decisive, pro-active and assertive
- Ability to demonstrate working under initiative and think things through to solution whilst being innovative and creative
- Strong Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Package - £30,000 - £35,000
If you want to join an industry leading business with potential to grow into a bigger role then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job. 07973833069
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79041069