Commercial Finance Analyst
I am currently recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst - this is an excellent position for someone who has similar experience and who is looking for a step up or new challenge.
A world leader within their market, they have over 30 people in Finance and you will be working from their head office based in Middlesex. This role involves a lot of analysis and business partnering.
- Ensure relevant rigour is applied to monthly financial processes
- Maintain robust financial projections through-out the month end reporting and monthly forecast/IBP cycle, monitoring and influencing business manager submissions and providing insightful commentary to business performance & drivers.
- Customer & Brand level reporting & commentary of actual results vs. budgets and forecasts.
- Understanding & reporting of Risks & Opportunities to delivering budgets and forecasts and holding business managers to account for delivery.
- Driving sales team to deliver Budget & mitigate gaps that develop.
- Provide Commercial Strategic Support
- Own and deliver high quality financial and business analysis with recommendations to solve business problems and to influence and challenge business decisions with the UK Impulse and Regional Business Teams.
- Analyze trading agreement proposals, including evaluation of business options vs. business objectives and financial cost implications.
- Review all trading agreements prior to communication to Commercial Finance Manager/Customer.
- Be involved in all decisions that have long or short term impact on the P&L.
- Challenge the business managers on activities that do not adhere to agreed targets and guidelines and provide alternative solutions.
- Ad hoc support for new business or product developments.
- Cash management
- Provide support to the UK A/R team to reduce overdue debt and ensure that appropriate balance sheet provisions are held.
- Support the UK, Ireland & Western Commercial Finance Manager
- Work independently from the Commercial Finance Manager, presenting solutions for identified problems.
- Provide insights to performance within the UK Impulse channel for presentation to the Europe General Manager and wider Leadership Team.
- Support the Commercial Finance Manager through the Integrated Business Planning cycle and the budgeting processes.
- Team Leadership
- Be the owner of the Blue Planner pricing and forecasting tool and other relevant financial systems for the UK Impulse team.
- Act as a role model within the wider Finance team and provide support when required.
- 4 years experience in an Analyst position ideally within FMCG
- Proven relationship builder - able to work effectively with others and influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to challenge teams on performance delivery.
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a positive manner with co-workers and management.
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively at a variety of levels, both written and verbal.
- Proven ability to work without supervision, and across various functions.
- Strong analytical skills and highly numerate with a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work to short deadlines, managing complexity in a time pressured environment.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holiday
- Many other benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78919331