Based in Luton, Bedfordshire, our client is an established and reputable company looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
This job would suit a qualified Accountant, ACA or ACCA, with a strong academic record looking to make their first move out of practice. The job involves providing support to the Finance Team and being responsible for the accurate management, statutory accounting and reporting.
This company is a leading employer in the area with an enviable record of expansion and growth in new and varied markets whilst also building its core business consistently over the years. They have a proven track record of developing and empowering their employees while offering progression and advancement second to none in the area.
The successful individual will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with great attention to detail with strong database and Excel modelling skills. The candidate should have experience planning and understanding complex financial processes. Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to influence at all levels along with the confidence to mentor 2 junior team members are essential.
Duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for management & statutory accounting and reporting for the company
- Undertake monthly management and communication of Risk and Opportunity as well as causal analysis of brand performance
- Have control of the monthly balance sheet and VAT reconciliation processes
- Detailed understanding of brand performance with causal analysis
- Monthly management and communication of risk and opportunity
- Close working relationship with FP&A and Investment teams
- Input and understanding of headline Budget & Forecast processes for Brands.
- Identifying the application approach for complex new accounting policies and processes within the business
- Responsibility for monthly VAT reconciliations and reporting.
- Reporting responsibility for multiple statutory entities
- Additional ad hoc accounting and reporting tasks, such as prepping accounting papers for senior team review
- Key site contact for internal and external audits
- Direct line management of 2 staff
For more information about this role or any other Financial Accountant jobs in Luton, Bedfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78911081