We are currently looking to recruit a Project Engineer for our client based in Newcastle on a contract basis.
The Project Engineer will be the focal point and client liaison in relation to projects undertaken.
- Provide technical and commercial assistance to the Project Manager during the Project lifecycle.
- Manage the project deliverables from project initiation to final contract completion and closeout.
- Ensure change control procedures are rigorously enforced and all/any change is visible, recorded and managed
- Achieve on time delivery of project milestones.
- Maintain up to date cost information by which the project can be controlled in all areas within defined budgets.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures and project programmes with the assistance of the project team, ensuring project stakeholders at all levels are coordinated and monitored to achieve key milestone requirements.
- Conduct project meetings at all levels, both internally and externally as required to ensure that key deliverables are maintained (meetings would include project handover, kickoff, progress reviews, financial reviews, lessons learned and close out as a minimum).
- Perform and take part in regular project risk reviews and eliminate, mitigate or manage subsequent residual project risk.
- Provide stand in cover for SPE or PM as needed.
- Have personal strength to be able to overcome obstacles and to lead by example in delivering difficult projects.
- Build long term relationships with clients and ensure customer satisfaction is at the forefront of all project activities..
- Communicate effectively with all project stakeholders.
- Execute project in accordance with Company business practices and corporate policies.
- Provide a productive project environment through leadership.
- Provide sound business sense and commercial judgement.
- Maximise project profits.
- Ensure work is carried out in a safe manner and in compliance with Company HSE Policy.
- Ensure errors and rework is minimised.
- Ensure engineering deliverables are in line with the Company/Client Procedures and Project deliverables.
- Ensure that all Project Folders/Filing/Numbering for all documents, is 'Set Up' and Controlled visa the Company Interface DCC Management Tool System 'PROARC'.
- Candidates should be qualified to ONC Level or above
- Experience in multi-discipline projects in the oil & gas sector with sound technical background and wide ranging expertise
- Must have experience of working on fast track brownfield projects in the North Sea
- Candidates should have valid offshore certfication
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79029394