Senior Commercial Finance Analyst - International
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further. We are committed to developing our people, last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over £500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust. We have a strong brand with many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified Accountant to join our Commercial Finance team, based at our Head Office in West London.
This role will partner with our International Subsidiaries and Joint Venture teams, providing commercial financial support to the International owned business and developing management information to control the International business, linking it with the rest of the Group. This role would be ideally suited to an analytical and commercial Management Accountant who is looking to gain significant exposure to senior stakeholders (up to C-level) within a global Retail environment.
What will you do as a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst?
- Establish strong relationships with the International Finance and Operations teams and all internal parties, providing support to the business
- Provide the necessary support to ensure the financial goals of the international business are achieved
- Develop effective relationships with both Subsidiary and Joint Venture partners to support the decision making process.
- Consolidate the Financial Planning and Forecasting for the International Owned Business area (joint ventures and subsidiaries). Ensure delivery of a robust Budget and Forecast- accompanied by appropriate commercial challenge
- Manage the month-end accounting process and co-ordinate the month-end activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Provide appropriate Board level commentary to support reported results.
- Manage owned business CAPEX budget - reporting and forecasting for property Board approval, providing financial data and analysis to support new store openings and closings
- Ensure all group finance deliverables are met and Subs and JV results are reported accurately - including P&L performance, balance sheet management and cash-flow reporting for Group Treasury.
- FX variance analysis - robust tracking and analysis of the FX impact on the profitability and viability of Subsidiaries and Joint Ventures.
- Weekly publication and review of sales information - detailed analysis to support the trading decision making process.
- Forward forecasting of full P&L of owned businesses, to better manage a "no surprises" way of working and provide early sight of financial risk and opportunities
- Project work and business modelling to understand the financial potential of commercial decisions
- Tracking and PIR's of new store investments to ensure approved targets are met.
- Establish robust controls across the international owned business to ensure profit and cash performance is maximised.
- Continually challenge and review the international owned business to ensure improvement in financial performance.
- Maintain dashboard of operating and financial KPI's to measure success
- Drive a series of review meetings between UK and owned business to monitor performance.
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) OR part-qualified with strong Commercial Finance experience
- Keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working autonomously and in an ambiguous fast-paced environment
- Previous experience of a Commercial finance role within a Retail or Consumer business
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong Excel knowledge and ability to manage large data sets
- Experience of using reporting / analysis tools (Cognos BI and CODA preferred)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- A motivated team player who is willing to learn and progress his/her career in a fast paced retail environment.
- International experience (desirable)
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year, we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 25 days holiday, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of Voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
If you feel you have the potential to become a Senior Commercial Finance Analyst, please apply now.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78975966