Management Accountant (Systems role)
A successful and internationally renowned business based in Caerphilly are currently recruiting for a Systems Accountant to join their large finance department.
The company is one of the premier employers in Wales, consistently recognised as a leader in it’s field with a high level of employee engagement. Working in multimillion pound turnover business with extensive opportunities for self-development and career progression.
Working closely with senior managers (both financial and non-financial) the Systems Accountant role will be working in the Finance Department based at the company’s head office.
Systems Accountant duties:
- Development, maintenance and upgrade of financial systems used
- Development and maintenance of several key databases held in Microsoft Access
- Consolidation, manipulation and interrogation of data from financial systems
- Involvement in preparing the Group management accounts, budgets and forecasts
- Working with IT on behalf of the department to ensure that all financial systems function and that issues are resolved promptly
System Accountant person specification:
- Ability to work in a consultative role, advising on improvements and best practice
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and understanding, without compromising financial disciplines
- Ensures that business opportunities are appropriately evaluated to minimise risk and sustain/improve profit margins
Systems Accountant technical skills:
- Has excellent MS office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience of SQL and VBA preferable
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Studying for an Accountancy qualification preferably being part qualified
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a large company that can offer real career prospects in the future.
This role will be eligible for study support towards professional qualifications and will receive a pay increase per segment completion.
This role would suit an Assistant Accountant/Management Accountant who, as well as strong accounting skills, has keen IT technical capabilities. Candidates with SQL and VBA experience will be looked upon favourably.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78980260