Software Engineering Team Leader - DV Eligible
Software Engineering Team Leader
Our undisclosed client based in Milton Keynes is looking build an entire team of experienced developers to develop and maintain a new secure tool. As such we are looking for a Software Engineering Team Leader to head up and manage a team of 8-16 people including Developers, Testers and Virtualisation Engineer. The Software Engineering Team Lead will be a hands-on position and you will be expected to code.
Please note all candidates must be eligible and happy to go through a high level of security clearance.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead Java Development and support the team to help tackle both minor and major projects.
- Work with the Project Managers to ensure the delivery of accurate project documentation and designs.
- Follow a fast, iterative agile development approach.
- Produce detailed technical design specifications and documentation.
- Work with the technical Team Lead and the Product Owners to implement requirements during the development life cycle.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the test team (knowledge and understanding of testing best practices)
Skills and experience
- Previous people management experience- ideally of a team of a similar size (10+)
- 6+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of delivering full life cycle software projects to time, cost, quality and meeting customers' expectations and requirements using a recognised methodology.
- Strong understanding of the Enterprise Java Stack with a proven expertise in using JEE technologies such as EJB, JMS, Web Services.
- Unit test tools and frameworks.
- Familiarity with common development best practices (e.g. TDD, Agile, Scrum)
- Experience with various operating systems- ideally Linux.
- Ideally knowledge of any of the following programming languages C#, XML, XSLT, HTML, VB.NET, CSS, UML.
- Experience of Relational Database and Non-Relational Database technology e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and NoSQL)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools e.g. Jenkins.
- Experience of working in an agile project delivery environment.
- A good knowledge of Scripting languages (Java, Shell, Perl, Python etc.)
If you are interested in this role or would like further information, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We also have Software Developer and Hybrid Developer roles available in the same team if you would like more information.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78585305