Branch Assistant Manager
Assistant Branch Manager
Thetford & Norwich
An Assistant Manager, able to work between two branches (Thetford & Norwich), is needed to work within a thriving business with branches across Suffolk & Norfolk. The right individual can expect a competitive salary of £16,000 - £18,000 (depending on experience), plus bonuses for hitting store sales targets.
Working Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.30pm, Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm (closed Sundays) - 5 days a week to include Saturdays.
Working with the store retail team, you will be making good use of your extensive sales and customer service experience to ensure no sales opportunity is missed. Familiarising yourself with the store products you will thrive on achieving agreed sales and margin targets.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Monitor all sales activity ensuring sales are completed promptly and customers are kept informed of any delays or other issues
- Monitor sales and margin achievement against target and report regularly to team leader detailing performance/trends
- Motivate staff to achieve targets
- Regularly appraise staff performance, maintaining up to date personal development plans
- Maintain branch merchandising to standard, ensuring correct staffing of branch at all times, supporting other branches where possible and necessary
- Train all staff in correct procedures / selling skills and product knowledge
- Maintain agreed stock levels to support trade sales
- Responsible for ensuring stock is dealt with using company procedures in and out of branch, ensuring stock is rotated accordingly to avoid out of date write off costs
- Responsible for all cash and cheque handling
- A working knowledge of Kerridge an advantage
If you have your own car, would like to assist in the management of your own stores and enjoy the challenge of achieving targets and goals, this is a great opportunity. The role will suit a Salesperson, perhaps with experience of the construction industry, someone who loves dealing with people in a friendly and professional way. If you would like to hear more call Jean Knappitt on . Alternatively send a current CV