Home Manager, St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Are you looking to join one of the UKs market leading healthcare providers who were recently voted best residential care provider of the year?
We have a great opportunity at our home Field Lodge in St Ives; Cambridgeshire for a Home Manager to join the team. Field Lodge has a great reputation having successfully gained an outstanding KLOE in their last CQC report in 2017. The team are seeking a strong and compassionate manager who puts care and people at the heart of what they do.
Field Lodge has 72 bedrooms over three floors and is located on the outskirts of the ancient but still thriving town of St Ives, Cambridgeshire. Each floor is divided into communities, each with its own dining room and lounge. This helps to create a more intimate atmosphere within the home, which is particularly helpful for residents living with dementia and end of life care.
In the warmer months our landscaped gardens offer lots of enticing spaces to explore, with a variety of specially designed gardens, including a sensory garden and a butterfly garden. There's also a formal garden, with raised beds – perfect for residents who might like to help with some gardening.
What makes Care UK different?
- We appreciate managing a home is a difficult job. We pride ourselves on our people and teams throughout the business, ensuring all our managers get an excellent level of support. Visible operations team, internal governance, regional clinical support, training and development- the right people in the right places
- We are proud to promote an open and honest culture with a strong personality
- People are at the heart of what we do, working with a person centred approach
- Recognition and reward, career development, valuing our people. Care UK are all about fulfilling lives
Why choose us?
- Support and structure- with such a good operations team you will not be alone
- We are experts in our fields. With 120 homes and day clubs across the UK, we provide expert respite, residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people.
- Career development- our person centred approach has seen us enjoy rapid growth and we now have a new build program set for the next coming years. We can offer exceptional career opportunities to people who care as passionately as we do
- Comprehensive training in topics such as managing business performance, systems training, leading projects and driving change
- We offer one of the best benefits packages in the market including a generous bonus
- Pension and life assurance schemes
- Bank holiday enhancements
- Child care vouchers and much more
- Experienced in caring for older people with complex support needs
- Capable and confident in inspiring leadership to a growing team
- Experienced in managing a successful home
- Confident in your knowledge of CQC regulations
- Compassionate and capable in embedding your own culture
- Passionate about delivering first class care
- A positive leader and motivator
- Capable of hitting the ground running. From your first day you will demonstrate a clear vision of the future and will deliver added value services that make us indispensable to our residents and unequalled in our sector
- Ideally holding or would like to work towards an NVQ Level 5 in Management or equivalent qualification
For more information and details please get in touch with Tara Connor in the recruitment team on /
Field Lodge is a purpose-built care home in St Ives, on the outskirts of this pretty and historic market town in Cambridgeshire.
As soon as you enter Field Lodge care home you’ll notice the lively and welcoming atmosphere. You’ll be greeted by a friendly face at reception and as you explore the ground floor you’ll discover a cinema, hair salon and nail bar, as well as a contemporary coffee shop – perfect for a slice of cake and a chat with loved ones on wet days.
Independence is the keyOur dedicated and experienced Field Lodge care team are passionate about helping residents to continue doing the things they love. Activity and independence are central to life at the home and you will always find a variety of activities going on. There's a purpose-built hobby lounge full of games and arts and crafts materials ready for activities. Plus there's plenty of light, and comfortably furnished and beau