About the role
Interserve Healthcare in Peterborough currently has a role available to work as part of an established team supporting an older lady with Dementia and Diabetes.
In this role you will be asked to assist with feeding, maintaining a safe environment, maintaining privacy and dignity whilst assisting with moving, handling and all personal care. You will also be asked to assist with medication and ensure the client manages to take these, check all equipment and bed rails are safe and monitor the client whilst roaming round the house to ensure that there are no obstacles or hazards.
The client is very sensitive to noise and smell so as a carer you must ensure that you are being as quiet as possible at all times. The client also has limited speech although she is able to understand, you must speak slowly and use simple sentences to ensure she is able to understand.
Shift times are detailed below:
Monday to Sunday:
08:00 - 12:00
16:00 - 20:00
As all shifts require manual handling or support with personal care, all shifts are 2:1.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience - including personal care (essential)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Manual Handling and Basic Life Support experience
• Experience of working with a client with dementia (advantageous)
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).