Customer Software Delivery Manager - Cobol
Cobol Developer / Software Developer / Software Support
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Established Financial Services Company requires a Customer Software Delivery Manager to be based in Birmingham and another in London. You will hold skills in Cobol, are comfortable with all aspects of the software development and delivery lifecycle from concept and design through to installation, testing and maintenance of the suite of products that comprise the overall software solution.?
This is a chance to join an established team of developers operating in the financial sector and emerging Fintech solutions, where previous experience within Fintech, banking or the financial arena is a plus. You will contribute to their suite of financial applications and take ownership of specific projects contributing to the technology strategy.
Passion to innovate and the strength to challenge conventional ideas, bringing new technology and concepts to the group would be welcome.
Day to day activities:
- Developing solutions for new customers from applications architecture to analysis of solutions
- Managing customer delivery and project managing small development projects
- Writing code to match customer requirements
- Assisting in code reviews and occasional QA testing
- Requirement or scope analysis and development estimations
The role will suit someone with professional experience in software development and the ability to adapt to different technologies. You should be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and stakeholders. If you can demonstrate a proactive capability, programming expertise and are interested in being part of a company where you can take ownership of what you produce and deliver your project to tier 1 financial institutions then apply now.
- Prior experience as a software developer
- Proficiency in COBOL plus one or more of the following languages: Java, vb.Net, C, C++
- Understanding of Network Communications and Connectivity
- Experience of deploying applications to the Windows server platform
- Experience in working with source/version control systems
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Experienced with message mapping / transformation, STP (Straight Through Processing) or ETL (Extract, Transform, Load)
- Experience with message queuing and message delivery EMS technologies (Websphere MQ, RabbitMQ, JMS, AMQP)
- Strong experience in working with relational database management systems such as MS Sql Server
- Comfortable with all aspects of the software development and delivery lifecycle.
- A highly organised self-starter with initiative and motivation to get things done
- A proficient communicator who understands our clients, and responds to their business needs and is ready to resolve any issues encountered during the client on-boarding process
- A desire to learn and apply new technologies
- Strong desire to build up domain knowledge and technical expertise
- A team player eager to contribute to group activities and operations
If this sounds of interest, please forward your CV for immediate consideration.