College Nurse Full Time / Part Time - Westminster URGENT
College Nurse (Full Time / Part Time / Job Share) - Westminster
Up to £36,000 dependent on experience - Closing Date 17/1/18
Our client, an independent boarding college situated in the heart of London with a fantastic track record of supporting students to achieve their results, are looking for an experienced and qualified College Nurse to provide an effective and high quality service of nursing care to students.
As the College Nurse, you will responsible for providing first aid care and general advice to all members of the college, delivering basic assessment and treatment of minor illnesses and injuries, delivering care within the boundaries of the role, health prevention and screening activities as well as supporting the delivery of policies.
- Hold surgeries to attend to students, including treatment, first aid and emergency treatment
- Assess, implement and evaluate patient care of students, providing care to unwell students
- Ensure care plans are developed and updated, arranging dental/medical appointments
- Maintaining records ensuring confidentiality at all times
- Operate procedures for the control of infectious diseases
- Act as health advisor to students, responsible for the storage/administering of medication
- A nursing degree or equivalent / registered General Nurse
- Experience with mental health in adolescents, preferably mental health first aid trained
- Understanding of current medical values, first aid and developments in public health
- Knowledge of up to date research and thinking in child health
- Previously worked in a similar position within the Education Sector
- Ideally with experience with Schools MIS (SIMS)
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you have the required knowledge and experience for this role, then please forward your CV to
Closing Date 17/01/18