Manufacturing Finance Analyst
My client, along established and growing manufacturing/engineering organisation are seeking a Finance Analyst due to growth and promotion. This role will partner with plant management across 2 sites to drive cost efficiencies and improve profitability while determining and implementing cost accounting procedures and methods. Responsible for the preparation and/or review of sales & cost reports and inventory accounts. Examines and reviews cost records and ensures cost data is allocated correctly. Finance Analyst is responsible for ensuring compliance measures are in place in regards to internal control procedures, preparing journal entries, and preparing forecasts and budgets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain good internal controls. Comply with procedures and supply data timely for audit.
- Being a business partner to local plant management across 2 sites to better improve plant financial performance.
- Frequent travel required to each site to offer management support.
- Participates in a critical role in month end accounting close including review of journal entry preparation, inventory reconciliation, deferred tax and other account reconciliations as assigned.
- Drive rigorous and transparent financial reporting, forecasting, and productivity performance to allow for better business decisions.
- Work on shop floor several hours a day with Purchasing/Manufacturing/Engineering.
- Ascertain plant assets are properly accounted for and safeguarded from loss including participating in annual physical inventory/daily cycle count and fixed asset inventory.
- Analyze the manufacturing operations including interpreting and communicating cost and expense variances to management.
- Assist in the maintenance of standard cost data and preparation of reports.
- Work with operations to capture and drive productivity savings.
- Prepare and maintain accurate direct and indirect labor rates to ensure accurate product costing.
- Prepare manufacturing variance analysis standard and ad hoc reports to assist in the determination of plant and value stream (product line) profitability.
- Track and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as defined.
- Assist the UK Finance Manager in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts for plant operations.
- Monitor progress against forecast. Provide explanation for forecast variances.
- Analyze variable costs and make appropriate budget adjustments.
- Preparation and review of monthly financial statements.
- Perform special projects and other ad-hoc financial reporting as required or requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Seeking collaborative individual, with sound judgment and analytical abilities.
- Must have strong attention to detail with proven capabilities in handling multiple priorities.
- High level of competency in using Microsoft Office products, including; Excel, Word and Power Point
- Demonstrated experience in leading change initiatives.
- Requires fluency and proficiency in the practical application of cost accounting principles and intermediate level GAAP accounting principles.
- Experience with Infor-Syteline ERP Operating System software is a plus.
- This position provides guidance to others within the organization.
- Must provide excellent customer service, internally and externally to the organization. Ability to effectively interact organizationally upwards, peer to peer and in a management capacity.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Must possess strong analytical abilities, math skills and statistical analysis skills
- The qualified candidate must be able to troubleshoot and resolve complex accounting issues within the company and acts as a leader in producing accounting policies and procedures. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in written form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Direct reporting relationship to UK Finance Manager. Key organizational relationships with Plant Manager, Production Supervisors, Quality Manager, Purchasing Manager, Planning and Scheduling Manager, and CI Coordinator.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting & Finance desirable. 3+ years of experience in the field or related area. CA/ACCA or CIMA preferred.