Job Title:Product Manager
As the Product Manager, you will ensure that the business will continue to meet the needs of customers (and potential customers) whilst maximising the profits of the company by gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements.
As the Product Manager, you will own the strategy behind the product roadmap for the company's benchtop range of sample preparation products, including Sputter Coaters, Critical Point Dryers, Freeze Dryers and Plasma Ashers. The Product Manager will conduct competitor analysis and market research to identify trends in the market and determine "why" the company should develop a new product and "what" is required.
- The Product Manager will be responsible for Market Research and developing the Product Roadmap
- Ensure customer focus by forming close relationships with key OEMs, distributors and end-users
- Develop methods to measure end-user satisfaction in order to identify ways of improving existing products and services
- The Product Manager will be responsible for translating business opportunities into actionable business cases.
- Develop compelling business cases for identified opportunities, including market segmentation, product positioning, detailed financial analysis, and market risks;
- The Product Manager clearly articulates the business value to the product team, defines the features and requirements necessary to deliver a new product to market, and manages the project's progress throughout the development phase.
- Relevant Degree in Engineering, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in electron microscopy, vacuum equipment, scientific instrumentation, medical devices, diagnostics, laboratory, or similar R&D environment required
- Experience of Electron Microscopes and related sample preparation equipment
- Knowledge of and the ability to implement a wide range of quantitative, qualitative and desk-based techniques for market research
Must be willing to travel both within the UK and internationally for at least 25% of the time, in order to attend sales events and to meet with key customers and opinion leaders for market research purposes.