Compliance Monitoring Officer - Platform
A well established and fast growing wrap platform provider is currently looking to recruit a Compliance Monitoring specialist.
- Input into the annual risk based Compliance Monitoring Programme including risk assessments to help identify key areas for review and as needed produce annual updates of the Compliance Monitoring Plan.
- Undertake a range of monitoring activities including planning, scoping terms of reference, testing, report writing, action planning and record keeping.
- Clearly communicate findings both face to face and in formal reports and develop and maintain mechanisms to follow up recommendations and support the Group to implement them.
- Engage pro-actively with business stakeholders to influence timely and effective remedial action in response to the outcome of monitoring activity.
- Keep informed on regulatory developments affecting the Group, along with internal business developments and contribute to assessing their impact and implementing necessary changes to monitoring tests, policies, procedures, processes and systems.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of FCA, PRA rules impacting the Group.
- Maintain an effective relationship and work collaboratively with the Internal Audit Team and the Risk Team including joint planning and managing overlaps.
- Provide relevant, accurate and timely MI in a format which is clear and engaging, in particular by compiling the monthly Compliance Monitoring report.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- 2-4 years of relevant Compliance Monitoring experience within Wealth/Banking/Asset Management
- A practical knowledge and understanding of, and the ability to apply, FCA and PRA rules and guidance particularly those relating to COBS, SYSC, CASS, TCF and Conduct Risk
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound judgement and analytical skills
- Able to engage with senior managers confidently and in an appropriate manner
- Able to demonstrate strong investigative skills and to work to tight deadlines
- Committed and organised with excellent attention to detail
- Proactive and dynamic character with strong technical knowledge