CHP Service Engineer
First 2 Recruit is working with our client in Hamsphire who are looking to expand their team by adding a CHP Service Engineer on a full time, permanent basis. In return for your hard work you will receive an attractive salary. This is usually in the region of 32-38k.
This is an opportunity to join a thriving Gas engine CHP & Generator business, in an industry with a substantial future. The successful candidate is likely to be experienced with time served on the tools. Are you currently employed in this field, or do you have strong electrical and mechanical skills? if so, our client will offer all the training and support you need to excel in the role, with manufacturer courses, specialised role specific training, and of course our own internal learning programme.
Main areas of responsibility for this position:
- Service & Maintenance
- Working within the CHP Operations Department, you can expect a varied, and sometimes challenging, workload helping the team to maintain our young fleet of Tedom CHP plant. You will be carrying out routine servicing, fault diagnosis, engine rebuilds, complete system overhauls, and other tasks as required.
- You will be van based, working from home in a role that will from time to time involve significant driving to suit the operational needs of the department. You will be working on a range of CHP’s from 30kW to 400kW that will require you to spend nights away from home.
- You will be reporting to the Operations Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Time Served, or Apprentice Trained. (Preferably within power generation, but other associated industries are welcomed).
- Minimum 2 years field service experience in Power Generation, or a very similar field.
- Practical experience with electrical fault finding.
- Good PC skills, experience of Excel, and other Microsoft products at a user level.
- Strong mechanical knowledge with spark ignition engines.
- Self-motivated, and trustworthy to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- High standards of cleanliness & personal presentation.
- Current (or expired in the past year) Gas Safe Qualifications - COCN1 and CGFE1.
- 17th Edition or similar.
- Experience with Comap Engine controllers.
- Any previous experience with energy centre operation.
- Any experience with Jenbacher, Caterpillar, Perkins, MTU, or other large stationary engine manufacturers.
- Participation in company-wide performance linked unlimited bonus scheme.
- Overnight allowances and quality accommodation when spending nights away.
- Company target linked bonus scheme.
- Company Vehicle, Company Phone and Laptop.
- 25 days annual leave, increasing through company loyalty scheme.
To apply send your CV
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an Employment Agency who provide permanent and fixed term contract services and an Employment Business who provide temporary services as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973. First 2 Recruit Ltd will collect the personal details which job seekers provide to us for the purposes of providing job seekers with work-finding services. In providing this service to job seekers we may need to transfer their personal details to our client companies.
First 2 Recruit Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, age or perceived age, marital or civil partnership status or disability.
This electronic message contains information that is confidential and termed "personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. This electronic message is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.