Fantastic opportunity for a trust manager to join a top 25 firm of accountants in central London. This small but busy department in the firm are seeking an experienced trust manager who will overlook a supervisor, senior and trainee who currently report into the trust partner.
The department overlooks a range of trust work which includes preparing trust and estate accounts, trust and estate tax returns and reporting inheritance tax events for over 400 trusts and estates. The department also provides a full tax review service which has an increasing offshore nature.
Responsibilities of the trust manager include:
- Preparing annual trust accounts for UK and offshore trusts
- Monitoring all trusts to ensure the inheritance tax compliance is actioned properly
- Preparation of inheritance tax returns for trusts and lifetime transfers
- Ensuring department workload is managed and scheduled correctly
- Reviewing work prepared by junior colleagues
- Training and supervision of staff
- Preparing estate accounts and tax returns
- Attending client meetings
- Reporting to the trust principle and client partners
With a competitive package on offer my client expects a highly driven individual who has strong experience within trust tax and accounting. Having a tax, accountancy or STEP qualification would be an advantage but not essential. A fantastic opportunity for a candidate seeking a challenging but rewarding role.