Production & Manufacturing Accountant
Here at P+S, we are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Production and Manufacturing Accountant to join their team on a full time permanent basis.
Supporting the CFO, Financial Controller and Management Accountant in delivering high quality management information, working closely with the Manufacturing Manager to deliver process improvements, detailed process costings and the development and maintenance of active standard costs.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Production of the monthly manufacturing accounts and KPI’s.
- Production of monthly variance reports with detailed analysis.
- To gain a detailed understanding of the cost drivers in the business and to model alternatives as required to help drive cost out of the business.
- Delivering the budget process for the Manufacturing department each year.
- To participate in supporting the annual audit and tax computations each year.
- Proactively developing the ERP modules and reporting to facilitate a consistent single point of data entry.
- To drive continuous improvement in manufacturing process information and financial reporting.
Preparation and completion of monthly manufacturing accounts:
- Expenditure and variance analysis including full explanations.
- Stock control account reconciliations.
- Departmental Reports.
- KPI's and Key Business Metrics.
Detailed understanding of the cost drivers:
- Creation and maintenance of the cost standards used in the business.
- Contribution sheet maintenance and updates.
- Contribution sheet development.
- Production of costings for quotations, product development and improvements as required.
- Labour reports as required.
- Capital appraisals, review and critique.
- Creation of the manufacturing budget for the sales achieved.
- Budget paper narrative as required.
- Development of automated reporting routines.
- Development of demand modelling for inventory and Labour.
- Implementation of key modules as required.
- Development of MI reporting and implementing improvement ideas.
Supporting other accounting functions.
Any other duties which may reasonably be requested giving due regard to your existing status.
Essential Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Ability to work using own initiative to a high standard with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities to meet deadlines.
- An individual who can lead change management in an inclusive way.
- Open style and a team player.
- Excellent communication, organisational and motivational skills, with the ability to mentor and coach individuals.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Proven experience as a Manufacturing/Cost Accountant managing change development in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining Management Information systems is essential.
- Ability in producing reports and ensuring common and consistent data sets.
- Excellent knowledge of information and cost issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Part Qualified accountant with 2 years manufacturing experience.
If this is a position you are interested in, please apply online at your earliest convenience.