Debt Fund Controller - Temp
Our client is seeking a Senior Fund Controller with experience in Debt funds for a 3 month temporary position. As the role is working alongside a Senior Controller and assisting more junior members of the team you must have Debt Fund Accounting experience.
The role deals with the management of the accounting, consolidation and reporting processes for two funds, including quarterly/annual financial statements, investor reporting, annual financial accounts and investor requests. You will oversee the audit and tax compliance processes, including fee negotiations, scope determination, appointment and co-ordination of external advisers. Other duties include:
- Serving as a single point of contact for internal fund managers, portfolio & asset managers and administrators.
- Responsible for cash management of the funds including calculation of investor calls and distributions
- Liaise with the wider Finance functions and ensure all information and reporting requirements are provided in an accurate and timely manner - including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assist in due diligence and structuring of new debt investments.
- Manage the loan agency aspects of the loans/investments within the two funds including ongoing preparation of interest payment statements, compliance testing, valuations instructions and dealing with borrower requests
- You will need to have deep understanding of the loan investment portfolio.
Please only apply for this role if you have experience in debt funds. Ideally you will be a qualified accountant but QBE will also be considered as experience in debt funds is most important.
You will also have strong technical accounting skills and gravitas to liaise at all senior levels is essential.