I am currently working with a successful & creative leader in their field, looking for a Purchasing Specialist to join their team as a result of year on year growth. Within a customer focused team, you will be carrying out all purchasing processes from business opportunity, to maintaining stock & quality of products, sourcing & pricing and meeting the ongoing needs of the customer.
Reporting into Purchasing Team Lead, you will be responsible for:
* Sourcing and pricing of new products in line with purchasing strategy
* System set up of new products
* Placing purchase orders to maintain stock levels
* Implement where possible processes in order to reduce stock holding & increase stock turns
* Identify and manage slow-moving and obsolete stock
* Obtain customer forecasts by liaising with account managers
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience of Purchasing and Supply Chain and use of Inventory control
* Good knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Tools (specifically Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
* Proactive approach to problem solving
* Flexible working attitude & a drive to succeed
* Great team player with excellent communication skills
* A level education as a minimum & either studying for CIPS or wanting to
This is very much a customer focused business and it's very important that you have a positive can do attitude and are willing to work hard to ensure promises are delivered.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the regions premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at www.macildowie.com.