Our Client is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services with revenues in 2016 of £3.25 billion and circa, 14,000 employees, listed on the London Stock Exchange and a constituent of the FTSE 250 index. In our Project and Programme Practice, we continue to expand our pipeline and record of business wins because we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout a project.
The Practice now comprises of over 600 qualified professionals who deliver these services through in excess of 150 projects each year, making Our Client Projects and Programmes Practice one of the largest project management presences in our marketplace. We deliver a range of infrastructure projects typically including contractual service transitions, transformations, data centre relocations, rollouts, WAN and IP projects, VDI/Virtualisation and a range of Cloud-related engagements; you'll work across this project range, getting to know many different customers. This role will be to lead and line manage a team of professional project managers of varying levels on a day to day basis and including their training and development, performance management and process adherence. Ensuring that the team have the necessary skills to be able to deliver Infrastructure Services to internal and external customers whilst providing excellent customer service at all times.
Effectively manage a team of professional project managers - including all aspects of performance management and 121 meetings, carry out regular and planned communication and/or site visits where appropriate taking effective and timely action on any issues raised.Main Responsibilities Operational & People Management (60%)
- Effectively manage a team of professional project managers - including all aspects of performance management and 121 meetings
- Carry out regular and planned communication and/or site visits where appropriate taking effective and timely action on any issues raised.
- Produce and manage training and development plans in line with corporate objectives.
- Ensure all systems and processes (i.e. timesheets, absence, etc.) used in an appropriate and timely manner by the team
- Involvement in recruitment and induction of all project staff using the approved HR recruitment methodology and preferred suppliers list.
- Lead, motivate and inspire the team.
- Act as a role model through personal conduct and contribution at all times.
- Create a team environment where open and honest feedback is actively encouraged.
- Build an effective and cohesive team where everyone feels valued.
- To promote and recognise performance excellence.
- Provide clear and unambiguous communication.
Customer Satisfaction (10%)
- Support the achievement of Customer Satisfaction levels in line with corporate goals.
- Review and manage customer feedback e.g. eCSQ and email.
- Management of local relationships.
- Ensure that the team is focussed on delivering best of breed customer excellence.
- Travel to customer sites where appropriate for customer meetings or service reviews
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent management, leadership and coaching skills
- Good written and verbal communication and experience of presenting to small to medium groups
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures including Working Time Directive and Health & Safety
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Self motivated and assertive
- Ability to contribute to, support and work with geographically distributed teams
- Management of a team of 20+ resources
- Commercially aware
- Understanding of Shared Service support delivery
- Have an awareness and understanding of the IT marketplace
- Confident in the use of MS Office