At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
What is the role purpose?
Assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations financial records and transactions in a accurately and timely fashion.
How can I add value?
- Ensure month end tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Examples include, but are not restricted to, accruals, prepayments, provisions, inventory revaluations and fixed asset responsibilities.
- Analyze month end processes and look for ways to streamline/improve the process. Once improvement opportunity has been identified, you will be required to take the lead on the improvement project, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Assist in the year-end and hard close process. This involves playing a key part in the Lonza budget setting process.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves reviewing financial statements, and providing detailed analysis when required. Escalate any discrepancies to key internal stakeholders
- Play a key role in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensure all financial entries have relevant bank up, and assist Auditors as required (provide financial information, provide support when required).
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support to AP/AR functions.
- AAT qualified or working towards an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA).
- Ideally with Shared Service Centre (SSC) background.
- Month end closing experience essential.
- Strong knowledge of ERP system (SAP, Oracle). Intermediate excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, sumifs)
- Good understanding of accounting principles (IFRS).
- Working well under pressure, especially during month end.
- Working well in a team and understands the importance of teamwork.
- Adaptable and solid team player
- Ability to multi-task prioritizes work, demonstrate accuracy and pay attention to detail, meet deadlines.
- Ensuring confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner.