Student Support Worker - South West London
Student Support Worker
Location: South West London
Pay scale: £70 - 100 per day
Start Date: February 2018
Contract: Temporary to Permanent
One of our all girls' secondary schools located in the London borough of Wandsworth is seeking a strong and experienced Student Support worker to fill a position from February 2018. The school is a Good school as inspected by OFSTED and dedicated to giving their students the best experience possible and supporting staff to become the best at what they do. The school has onsite car parking and is also situated very close to London Overground and Underground stations.
The position would suit a graduate looking to gain experience of working in schools. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a commitment to working with young people, from all backgrounds and abilities. This is a support role, where the Student Support Worker needs to be able to work effectively with different teachers in a range of classes. The role will mainly involve work at Key Stage 4 GCSE-level, but some Key Stage 3 work is possible
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate should have:
- Degree level qualification
- Experience and/or an awareness of the issues relating to young people with barriers to their learning. (Experience working in a school environment is desirable)
- A high level of literacy and numeracy in order to support students 11-19 years of age.
- Ability to maintain effective student support lesson records and evaluate the impact work undertaken.
- Ability to communicate with and relate appropriately with young people.
- Ability to communicate with teachers in the classroom.
- Ability to liaise with school staff, families/carers and external agencies both face to face and by telephone.
- A good knowledge of IT and a willingness to improve skills.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency which aims to provide quality teaching and support staff in schools throughout Greater London.
Candidates wishing to apply are requested to contact our Education Consultant, Brittany Allan, as soon as possible.