Senior Operations Analyst
We are currently seeking a senior analyst to join the Global Operations and Pricing (GBOP) team in Gartner’s Talent Assessment business.
This is an opportunity that will allow the successful candidate, to shape a commercial business and work closely with multiple stakeholders across the organisation to ensure the effective use of best practices, operations and technology to support business growth and commercial processes.
The Senior Analyst must be a self-starter with high levels of comfort in supporting projects and making independent yet well-informed decisions.
The Senior Analyst has four critical responsibility areas:
1. Support the development of business intelligence capabilities and conduct regular analyses of the commercial business (40%)
• Build and maintain commercial dashboards in Salesforce.com
• Support key report development and enhancements
• Prepare data pulls and regular analyses to support the commercial business, including but not limited to:
o Monthly Business Intelligence packs for business partners and leaders
o Campaign performance tracking and stack rankings
• Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed on business pipelines, forecasts or account information needed to support commercial operations decisions around global deals, activity targets or sales pipeline stall points, as examples
2. Support Rollout, Awareness Building and Field Adoption of our Commercial Operating Ecosystem and Technology Enablers (25%)
•Build and update go-to-market materials (step-by-step user guides, webinars, training decks, FAQ documents) to help ensure the commercial organization has a clear, simple and well communicated set of ways to use commercial tools efficiently
•Provide first level support for sales reps, sales management, professional services and other key users on Salesforce.com, routine reports, operating metrics and the like
•Aid in suggesting and developing any Salesforce.com enhancements needed to drive adoption
•Manage the team’s Sharepoint presence.
3. Support the development of go-to-market Readiness Plans and drive preparedness for new Solution, package, and product launches (25%)
•Partner with functional colleagues and commercial leaders to coordinate launch preparation, including but not limited to supporting the development of sales process maps, customer experience maps, IT requirements for Salesforce.com work, sales collateral, etc.
•Provide key stakeholders regular updates to note progress and concerns
•Engage in efforts to drive excitement and awareness pre- and post-launch
4. Lead or Participate in other Commercial Operations Projects (10%)
•Investigate new technologies and tools that could help with commercial team effectiveness
•Capture external and internal best practices and ideas around sales effectiveness
• Solid performance in completed undergraduate/graduate academics.
• Experience preferred (ideally in Operations or Project and Program Management)
• Ability to process and analyse data sets, and convey complex analyses with the most efficient and intuitive visual methods
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage a project, multitask and prioritize
• Internal customer orientation and great problem-solving skills required
• Experience working with Commercial, Professional Services and Technical Specialists
• Salesforce.com knowledge with the desire and interest to become a power user and trainer around this and other commercial operations technologies.
•Strong process strength and the ability to clearly and quickly document business needs and processes.
•Intellectual curiosity and dedication to mastering complex terrain and an interest in both sales and technology.