Support Worker Male
Do you have a passion and desire to really make a difference to the lives of young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) in a learning environment? Maybe you somebody who wants to have more flexibility with the hours and days you work.
We are actively recruiting innovative and inspiring Support Workers and Teaching Assistant to assistant specialist classroom settings in Cambridge.
You must have an empathetic nature, nurturing personality and a real desire to work with children and young people with learning difficulties. Ideally, you will have had previous experience working with individuals with Autism (ASD), Emotional, Social and Behavioural Difficulties (ESBD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) and Physical Impairments. You will also need to be flexible and have the ability to hit the ground running in what can be sometimes be a challenging environment.
This position would be suitable for individuals who have a Level 2 and/or 3 Qualification in Childcare Learning and Development, or equivalent. Individuals from a Support Worker and Care environment will also be considered for this role.
- Have experience of working with young people who have complex needs and be able to hit the ground running and immerse themselves in the role.
- Hold or have undergone Moving and Handling training and comfortable is assisting with using hoists, feeding and personal care.
- Be available to work in the Lambeth area.
- Be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
- Hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
As an agency, Vision for Education offer our candidate a high quality service that includes:
- Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
- Recommend a Friend Scheme.
- Consistent seminars and training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness (paid for by Vision) to continue your individual professional development.
- We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
If you believe you are the person we are looking for, please send us your CV today to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.