We are seeking a talented and passionate DevOps to be situated in the Group IT Infrastructure Team to support and closely work with the IT Development Teams. Primary duties will be to ensure the system platform, applications, code release and system performance are fit for purpose and of the highest quality. It will be essential to be highly motivated, analytical and advisory for the evolution and increased efficiency of all development systems. The right candidate will be able to help shape DevOps within the organization to become a core part of the Group IT department.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week - 9.00am to 5.30pm
- Accountable for the quality and availability of releases into the Test and Live environments.
- Increase the level of release automation within the organisation.
- Actively participate in analysing and fixing any issues related to applications or environments.
- Design, develop, Implement and evolve our monitoring frameworks and other production focused toolsets to ensure highest levels of availability and error free processing and engage and actively participate with Product development on this.
- Keep up-to-date with the current best practices and tools available in the DevOps community
- Define and capture qualitative and performance metrics relating to the build and deployment process
- Actively monitor applications and environments and take pro-active action to avoid outages.
- Participate in scheduled release activities of business applications, potentially outside business hours and in different locations where required.
- Report on all the above to the Operations and Development manager at regular intervals
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Attention to detail and appreciation to documentation and following process
- A strong background in deployment automation and configuration management, ideally Chef or Ansible but any major framework is fine.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with PowerShell / Bash and scripting languages.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server, IIS, WCF and Windows Services
- Working knowledge of Azure
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP, DNS, firewall and load balancing as well as traditional Infrastructure
- A basic understanding of ServiceNow would be a beneficial
- Experience with build and release automation
- Experience with setting up, configuring and administering build/CI tools
- Experience with provisioning tools, ideally Puppet
- Experience with virtualized environments
- Experience with VSTS, TFS or GitHub
- Experience with continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Experience of working with highly scalable distributed systems
- Experience with utilising cloud infrastructure for build and test
- Experience with all aspects of the ALM
- Experience working in a team and in a high paced environment
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.