Audit Senior - Top 50
An Audit Senior position has become available at a forward thinking Top 50 accountancy firm based in Central London.
There is a friendly and sociable environment within the firm. The office is open plan and the Partners are welcoming and always approachable. The firm put a great emphasis on looking after their employees. A healthy work life balance and flexible working is encouraged to ensure staff remain happy in their job. This has all resulted in a very low turnover of staff.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, you will be responsible for the preparation of audit files on site for audit assignments across a wide variety of industry sectors.
Depending on the size of the audit you may have responsibility for leading a team, reviewing work, dealing directly with clients and assisting with ad hoc projects. Client sectors include property, start-ups and FCA regulated businesses with turnovers ranging from £2m-£100m+.
- Preparation and audit of statutory accounts to comply with FRS and International auditing and accounting standards
- Performing audits for companies within varied sectors including charities, solicitors, FCA regulated, manufacturing, property investment, tech sector and service industries T/O ranging from £2-100million
- Delegating work to junior team members
- Liaising with clients and dealing with any queries
- Monitoring audits, including supervision, and reviewing of junior staff's work
- Ensuring audits are completed within budget
- Supporting the training and development of junior staff on audit assignments
- Some assignments may require travel and staying away from home (nationally and on the rare occasion internationally)
- Preparation of accounts for corporate clients, partnerships and sole traders, including: abbreviated company accounts and full company accounts
- Discussing figures with clients and reporting any findings/variances
- Group accounts may be required from time to time
- Preparation of draft corporate taxation computations, including: General adjustments to accounting profits, capital allowances, IBAs' and deferred tax
- Preparation and checking of VAT returns in all HMRC calculation formats
- Liaison point between the tax department and the client
- ACA or ACCA qualified (or equivalent)
- Up to date technical knowledge and practical experience with FRS102
- A good working knowledge of Xero, Kashflow, Viztopia, Digita Accounts, Pro-audit, VPM, SAGE would be an advantage, though not essential.
- Good knowledge of Office 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.