Food Safety Officer
Umbrella rate: £30.00 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Food Safety Officer on a 2 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
To enforce Food Safety legislation within the district and provide advice and education to commercial businesses and other parties in line with those duties.
Duties and Responsibilities -
They require 60 Category C premises inspections to be completed by the end of March 2018.
You will be required to complete a full food hygiene inspection, establish the risk rating and FHRS and carry out a data input task to create the inspection report and input the risk rating scores. The data input part of the task will be made easy as the system is web based.
To carry out this work you will need to be able to demonstrate your food competency as defined by the FSA. We will also need an up to date CV and copies of your qualifications.
The work is based in Denbighshire with the potential to work flexibly as long as the assessments are complete. There will be some elements of completing inspection out of normal work hours when certain premises are operating.
Undertake programmed inspections of Category C food premises under relevant Food Safety legislation. Risk assessments of premises to determine frequency of inspections in accordance with guidance and departmental practice. Assess premises in accordance with the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
Collate, organise, analyse and interpret complex information and identify options to determine the most appropriate course of action and implement that action.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- The post holder will meet the competency requirements within the Food Law Code of Practice (Wales) 2014 and will have recent experience in Food Safety and implementation of the mandatory Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
- Desirable to be a membership of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health or equivalent with evidence of continued professional development.
- Significant Food Safety experience.
- Knowledge and experience of information technology and data management systems.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Desirable to speak Welsh and demonstrate empathy with the Welsh Language and culture