Investigo are seeking an immediately available Financial Analyst for a large company based in Hertfordshire.
This role will entail the following, maintain and develop the timesheet structure for over 1000 employees. The business relies heavily on timesheets and you play a pivotal role in ensuring timesheets codes are set up, reporting is available and key month end deadlines are met. You will work with a variety of stakeholders across many different levels and get the opportunity to be part of major decisions, providing creative input that affect all areas.
A key element of this role is driving better reporting, so someone with either previous experience of this will have an advantage.
- Ensure all costs capitalised against Technology projects adhere to technical accounting guidelines and are recorded accurately in the accounts
- Post staff capitalisation journals on an accurate and timely basis at period end
- Carry out impairment review on internally capitalised staff time through liaising with Head of Project Management and Fixed Asset Accountant
- Liaise with auditors on key audit deliverables and provide in a timely manner
- Produce regular Management Information around Technology projects and resource allocation, ensure it is accurate and insightful and issue within agreed timelines
- Produce regular and accurate reporting on project spend to Project Managers/Product Owners to enable them to effectively manage resources and costs
- Design and implementation of internal reporting of capex spend by project to various levels of seniors in Technology
- Produce regular and timely reporting to management on timesheets completion rates
- Continue with driving understanding and training of timesheets across Technology, to facilitate timesheet completion and staff capitalisation.
- Design and implementation of internal Capital Expenditure Approval process
- Support Senior Technology and Finance Managers in providing them with any ad hoc analysis required on Technology resource and projects
- Provide support to and build effective relationships with Key customers listed above
- Maintain and enhance controls around project lifecycle: initiation/approvals, setting of budgets, set up and maintenance of timesheet codes, purchasing processes, accurate reporting and project go live/completion
- Must demonstrate a strong commercial understanding of the business, which is reflected in the reports, analysis and commentaries, provided and assist the Head of Finance in managing the overall business.
- Continually look to improve the processes and reporting for the business
To apply you will meet the criteria below:
- Qualified CIMA / ACA accountant
- Experience of process improvements and stakeholder management essential
- Experience in supporting finance and non-finance teams essential
- Experience of Hyperion is an advantage