Lead Developer Pershing
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
• Develop and deliver solutions based on specifications agreed
• Driving continuous improvements to the team with particular emphasis on improving code quality, design and testing
• Accountable for the delivery of departmental and company commitments
• Work with offshore development teams in a ‘Team Extension’ model
• Work with business operations and other relevant stake holders to understand the requirements and demonstrate work products
• Hands-on experience of Java design and development
• Spring, Hibernate, JMS
• SQL server development
• Object Oriented and design principles / SOLID principles
• Experience of SCRUM delivery
• N-tier development
• Understanding and experience of engineering practices such as unit testing (using JUnit), continuous integration (Jenkins), automated testing, appropriate documentation, etc.
• Ensure delivery by self and others of quality software requiring little or no rework in order to satisfy user needs
• Review of other team members designs
• Contribute to the mentoring of junior staff as required
• Web Services/REST development
• Experience in Maven based application building
• GIT source control
• Experience of implementing BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) in recent projects
• Review of other team members work
• Experience of developing software in a regulated business environment
• Experience of financial services industry
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Provides application software development services or technical support in situations of moderate complexity. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques.
• Designs and codes programs, and creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and revise programs. Prepares the final and detailed versions of system modification requirements; ensures turnovers are done on time and correctly.
• Interfaces with architects to design, code, test and implement application programs.
• Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
• Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe.
We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors.
We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors.
From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60115
Requisition Number: 1714596