Civil Litigation Solicitor 2YR PQE
Civil Litigation Solicitor Belfast, Leading Litigation Practice
Your new company
An innovative and forward thinking Regional Law Firm, that not only embraces but actively promotes flexible working amongst it's team, is now recruiting for a capable and motivated Solicitor with Civil Litigation experience to join the firm.
The firm is a leading litigation practice handling RTA, Personal Injury and Medical Negligence cases. This is an excellent opportunity to advance your career with a firm that places a heavy emphasis on employee satisfaction and they go above and beyond across many levels to achieve this.
Your new role
- Your primary responsibility in your new role is to manage clients litigation claims.
- Generate fees by managing files effectively.
- Ensure that all duties and responsibilities lined out in Job Description & Person Specification are achieved
- Effective use of case management system and filing system to monitor and progress client files.
- Taking accurate instructions from clients
- Attending client meetings
- Explaining complex matters to the client including details of court procedure and managing client expectations of process of their claim.
- Answering general client queries regarding their case in accordance with Service Level Agreement
- Attending locus inspections
- Providing clients with legal advice as and when needed
- Provide advice to clients post hearing on implications of court outcome to include prospects of appeal
- Liaising with the third party representatives and insurers
- Arranging appointments with appropriate medical experts
- Negotiate settlement of clients losses and compensation with third party representatives
- Managing all correspondence, documentation and evidence associated with the file.
- Advising clients on and making appropriate applications for funding including, Legal Aid, Legal Expenses and our After the Event Insurance Cover.
- Issuing proceedings in the relevant court
- Attend related court hearings/ inquests etc
- Represent client in any relevant criminal proceedings and PACE interviews (qualified staff)
- Preparation of court documents and evidence for hearing
- Attending all consultations and court dates with client
- Advocacy in Magistrates Court, County Court and High Court Callover (For Qualified Staff)
- Instruction and briefing of Junior Counsel as required.
- Guide any witnesses in attendance on behalf of your client through court procedure and during attendance at various venues.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have approximately 2 YRS PQE + in Civil Litigation matters, including RTAs and Personal Injury.
- Possess a Commercial mindset in relation to the settlement of claims and business development.
- Solicitors with less than 2 YRS PQE will be considered if strong relevant experience has been gained in Civil Litigation.
What you'll get in return
- This firm offers an excellent package with competitive salary and a very attractive bonus on new business generation.
- A really good Company Pension and Private Healthcare plus flexible working arrangements are all on offer for you here
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Please contact Patrick McDonald today If you would like more detail on this job or to have a confidential discussion on your legal career.
If you're looking for a new legal opportunity in a specific location Hays have a strategic office network spanning Ireland and the UK and a team of over 30 specialist legal recruitment consultants that can assist you with your job search.