Innovation Manager - FMCG
My client is a market leading FMCG / Consumer business who are looking to recruit a pro-active Innovation Manager. You will be joining a rapidly growing and progressive business where you will have the responsibility for the commercial strategy and project management across all core operating areas of the business.
- Develop and embed the product innovation process in collaboration with colleagues in Marketing and Operations to create a robust, simple and agile process.
- Develop and maintain documentation and systems relating to management of the product innovation process e.g. stage gate documentation, key diagnostics, on-line information systems and tools.
- Facilitating a quarterly meeting of key stakeholders to stimulate new ideas.
- Provide recommendations to business leaders on which projects to activate through the stage-gate process (as part of annual planning cycle and monthly commercial review) - based on strategic fit, opportunity, time for delivery, resource requirements, and commercial priorities.
- Identify opportunities, risks, and resource requirements whilst obtaining an objective and critical view of commercial projects.
- Engage and motivate cross-functional stakeholders by articulating proposed next steps and decisions, to ensure that all issues are dealt with at pace.
- Manage projects to successful launch and review establishing cross-functional project teams for each innovation project.
- In partnership with the project team, define for each project the key criteria and timings for each stage.
- Leading a post-launch review of projects - capturing key learnings and transferring them into future projects e.g. resource planning, timelines, and revenue realisation.
- To champion the company’s Mission, Aims, Objectives and Values.
Your skills and experience should include:
- Commercial background in a leading, progressive FMCG company.
- Leadership / stakeholder management in cross-functional environments.
- Functional knowledge of project management techniques, stage-gate approach etc. A broad cross-functional understanding and an ability to 'join-the-dots’ across complex projects to identify opportunity, risks or obstacles to the desired outcome, and articulate recommended actions.
- Personal gravitas, confidence, and resilience - ability to influence and engage with the senior team, and raise challenges if required for discussion and resolution.
- Strong project management skills and organisation.
- Business 'savvy’.
Adjacency provides permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent.We deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option.We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.