Complex Home Care Assistant
Newcross is recruiting for Home Care Assistants to support service users in Torquay, Paignton, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth and the surrounding Devonshire towns through our Complex Care branch in Torquay.
Due to the nature and location of this role, access to your own transport, or being based locally is essential.
Unlike an agency, we offer all of our staff a permanent contract with guaranteed hours, plus -you still get all the added benefits of flexible shift work to fit around your home life and other commitments.The Position
As a naturally compassionate person, you will play an essential part in delivering great quality, person-centred care to every individual you encounter. This means recognising the capabilities of the person, promoting their dignity at all times and seeing them as more than just a care plan.
You will play an essential part in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling clients to participate in their favourite activities. You will be fully supported at all times by the qualified lead nurses that oversee this package of care.
Your care responsibilities may also involve some weekend shifts.
We are now offering full training packages and client specific introductions for all complex care packages.The Benefits
- Salary up to £12.00/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Structured days of work, planned days off
- Agreed mileage and travel expenses for most clients
- Free uniform and criminal record (DBS) check
- Free ongoing training and uniform earned as you work
- Your own online account area to enter availability, download time sheets and receive payslips
- Refer a friend scheme offering up to £500 per successful referral
- One-to-one relationship with a dedicated service manager
Since 1996, Newcross has been providing unrivalled, outstanding quality care in client's own homes. Newcross takes pride in offering a truly personalised care and support service developed to enrich the care receivers' life and help them to lead the most independent and fulfilling life possible.The Local Branch
Your local branch is based in Torquay. First opened in 1996, Torquay is our first ever branch and remains the flagship to this day. We've expanded from this office to over 57 branches across the UK, so if you'd like to join our ever growing team, please apply today.Person Specification:
- You must have the ability to prove your right to live and work in the UK
- You must have at least 3 months' previous paid experience working in a complex care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details must be provided for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care desirable but not essential
- Medication administration certificate is desirable but not essential
- Moving and handling training certificate is desirable but not essential
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.