Our client are the leading kids digital media platform globally, attracting millions of unique visitors every month. They continue to grow at a fast pace with some of the biggest clients on the planet including Lego, Warner Bros, Hasbro, Spin Master, Nintendo and many others.
We are looking for several developers across the company, one of which is to scale the development of our Web Services Platform (WSP). WSP is a platform that allows app & web developers to build safe apps & sites for kids without having to worry about any of the infrastructure and legal complexities behind it. It includes a full parent portal, automatically compliant COPPA data flows, loyalty-club dynamics and many more modules that brands can use on a self-serve basis through a set of dashboards and tools we make available to them.
The role would see you help scale the product and fine-tune all of its self-serve capabilities, making it easy to use for any developer (big or small) wanting to build safe apps for kids. This is a big challenge that allows you to use many cutting-edge technologies such as Docker, ES6, NodeJS and NoSQL in a production environment at scale.
- Take full ownership of the technology powering our Kids Web Services
- … and make it as easy to use as possible for both developers and non-developers
- Ensure all products are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production)
- Deliver products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently
- Work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
- Help grow the team by assisting the whole product team in the hiring of world class developers
- Experience developing large and complex web applications
- Experience with NodeJS would be a plus
- Comfortable both on the front and the back-end of web applications
- Experience with AngularJS would be a plus
- Experience developing third-party consumed APIs & SDKs
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes and/or Docker a plus
- You get stuff done.
- You’re a fire-starter, you can clearly demonstrate your ability to be proactive without direct supervision
- You like working in an agile development environment
- Flexible and adaptable, to changing situations and responsibilities
- Ownership: we trust you to get sh*t done
- Live & learn on the cutting-edge: we want to use the best tools for the job, you won't be stuck using older frameworks
- Never sit still: Yearly swarm weeks at remote locations with the whole team (Portugal is next), Hackdays every quarter and constant innovation across the company lead to real innovation