Game UI & Web Developer
Game UI & Web Developer
My client, a global powerhouse within the technology industry, is looking for a Game UI & Web Developer to join their team in Twycross on an initial 12 month contract.
We're not your typical developer. Over 30 years in the game-making business, every moment has been dedicated to kicking out one beloved title after another. We've tried all manner of new things in that time, but if there's one thing we've truly come to believe, it's the importance of having fun every single day and infusing it into everything we create. That's the core of who we are - check out the Rare Replay collection for three whirlwind decades of evidence.
We strive to keep our site a fantastic place to work, from its beautiful location and state-of-the-art facilities to a strong focus on work/life balance. If you're a keen gamer, chances are you've already caught wind of our epic shared world pirate adventure Sea of Thieves. First revealed at E3 2015 and then playable at E3 2016, we're currently in our Technical Alpha phase with over 60,000 players from our Insider Programme invited to play each week. As we sail the project through our Technical Alpha stage and beyond, there's never been a more rewarding time to join our daredevil crew!
As a Game UI Web Developer you'll be part of a team of friendly, highly talented developers who like nothing better than sharing their own challenges and their expertise with you. Sat alongside fellow engineers, designers and artists, you will be responsible for helping to build the core web components used to implement the various UI designs, along with extending and developing our UI toolchain to support the current and future needs of our projects.
We don't really do that whole estimates, schedules and Project Managers thing here, but instead believe that it's important for individual teams to have ownership and to help define what is the right thing to be working on right now.
We're big believers in high-quality engineering and, since we're developing our products as services, we aim for fast iteration but with a focus on robust methods. This means that we embrace modern development practices such as continuous delivery, automated testing, code reviews, pair programming and agile methods (e.g. Kanban).
- Deliver high-fidelity web-based solutions to support future games.
- Build creative solutions to technical problems encountered.
- Continuously work to minimise technical debt and maintenance hazards.
- Champion quality in our development process, demonstrating our values and taking an active role in improvement of engineering.
- Be part of the culture; be inquisitive, try things out, break stuff, help people be even better, think like you own the place.
Skills and Accountabilities
- CSS and Pre-processing
- Solid understanding of Design Patterns and Object Oriented Design
- Experience working with web components
- Understand the complexities of working on multi-lingual products.
- Have a keen eye on rendering performance, and know how to profile
- Experience working with Typescript desirable, but not essential
- Experience writing unit tests in Jasmine or similar
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.