Senior Software Developer
An exciting Full-Time opportunity has become available for an experienced Software Developer to join a large organisation based in central Birmingham.
A successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of software patterns, software modeling, secure programming principles, test-driven development or another unit testing methodology, and code standards compliance. In addition, this candidate will have a history of increasing responsibility in a small multi-role team. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, perform design tasks, construct, test, and implement solutions with minimal supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstration of and belief in the Agile mindset.
- Delivery of past software systems with documented value required.
- Strong focus on delivering customer value required.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving abilities required.
- Ability to engineer and build software through multiple languages and tools required.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to work with staff and business required.
- Willingness to learn our business domain required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements.
- Minimum 5 years’ development experience required
- 4+ years of engineering, delivering and supporting production software products required.
- 2+ years working with object-oriented design, SQL, and web programming required.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment preferred.
- Experience with Scrum and Domain Driven Design preferred.
- Experience building micro services