Senior Data Scientist - Collections & Recoveries
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will use experience, skills and tools to gather data from internal systems and 3rd party partners, then apply advanced techniques to ensure the intelligent use of data, building on existing data and insight across Collections and Recoveries and the organisation as a whole.
The Client: A well-established Financial Services business.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Define and lead the data utilisation strategy for Collections and Recoveries
- Optimise Operations performance by enhancing the alignment between Business Intelligence and Information Technology
- Develop the BI offering to existing and new clients, advising on how BI can best provide competitive advantage
- Facilitate the creation, application and embedding of core Key Performance indicators for Collections and Recoveries operations
- Utilise insight and apply this to operational processes, ensuring there is a mechanism to track the effectiveness of the data being utilised
- Create a robust and compelling story concerning the value of data and put in place the capability that will allow greater strategic and operational decision making
- Trained in Continuous Improvement and Analysis (preferably accredited with Lean Six Sigma Black Belt)
- Trained in Programme and Project Management techniques (e.g. Prince2)
- Certification in Business Management
- Experienced in using statistical, algorithmic, mining and or visualisation techniques to address complex business problems
- Will have demonstrable experience using data science to see beyond the numbers
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in analytics at a large-scale enterprise
- Proficiency in SQL & Familiarity with statistical models & and machine learning methods
- Serves as a subject-matter expert in a Collections data as well as a thought leader on matters relating to Collections Insight
- Demonstrable Management experience in a Financial Services or related servicing organisation
- Experience in managing projects and budgets, managing a systems support function, in Business Analysis roles and delivering system strategy is beneficial