The role of Trainer
To work within the training department, based at our Birmingham HQ on the Birmingham Business Park (near to the NEC)
- Support the departmental manager to design, develop, deliver and enhance the company induction programme and courses within the company training programme.
- Design customised solutions to identified development needs for staff, managers and departments.
- Work with external training providers to provide specialist training in a variety of delivery methods (eLearning-self-study-classroom-coaching etc) in a cost effective manner that meets the requirements of the training need.
- Develop and build relationships with managers and staff to ensure a high level of support is provided to all learners.
- Support managers to ensure that departmental and individual training needs are satisfied in the most appropriate manner.
- Support individuals in their learning and career development activities and coach where applicable.
- Deal with ad-hoc requests and queries; resolving them effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate with managers, staff, and training providers clearly, precisely and accurately.
- Ensure that the departmental manager is aware of the status of all training (planned and delivered).
- Take ownership of your training and development so that you can continuously improve and develop the skills required by Metro to develop managers and staff.
The Trainer position offers:
- A competitive salary package that will allow for progress and development within the role.
- A programme of development to provide the knowledge and skills required to deliver an effective training portfolio for Metro.
- Support from your line manager for initial departmental induction, on-going training and to provide day-to-day support and guidance.
- Training in the existing materials that are part of the company training programme.
Experience for the Trainer position:
- A passion for learning and people development.
- The ability to make technical and systems training interesting and enjoyable, by delivering courses that engage, inform, challenge and inspire people to develop and change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, to provide a professional image to customers and suppliers.
- The capacity to work in a high pressure environment whilst remaining calm when under pressure.
- A positive attitude and good problem solving skills; with a commercial awareness to develop new opportunities.
- Be able to travel at short notice when required.
- Knowledge of the Multifreight system would be an advantage.
- Foreign languages would be an added advantage.