3rd Line IT and Field Technical Support Engineer
We’re looking for an experienced IT Technical Support Engineer to join an established team of IT professionals looking after their Client’s Technology needs.
You’ll work both in the office conducting remote support and in the field working onsite with clients conducting hardware and software support including consultancy, design and installation.
- Conducting consultative client visits to undertake full network audits, assessments, and IT strategy meetings.
- Design and implementation of solutions in physical, virtual and cloud based environments
- Migration projects, helping customers migrate to cloud based or hybrid solutions as appropriate.
- Varying levels of remote and onsite based Technical Support to a range of clients
Ideally you’ll have a proven understanding of many of the following technologies:
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2016 (including Active Directory/DNS/Group Policy etc.)
- Microsoft Office 365 including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Skype for Business
- Microsoft Azure Platform
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Virtualisation technologies including VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Shared storage platforms (SAN’s) such as Dell EqualLogic, EMC and HP MSA platforms
- Networking principals including VLAN’s and routing.
- Firewall solutions such as SonicWALL, Fortinet and WatchGuard.
- Backup & disaster recovery solutions such as StorageCraft, Veeam and Symantec etc
An MCTS / MCSE qualification or equivalent is a distinct advantage. You’ll also need a full and clean UK driving licence.
First Recruitment Services ltd is acting as an employment agency.