Financial Controller (Midlands, Private-Equity)
Our client is a private-equity backed facilities management business. This highly acquisitive company has grown significantly in recent years. An experienced Financial Controller (ACCA / ACA / CIMA) is required to support the Director of Finance with further acquisitions and deliver timely/accurate financial reporting.
Responsibilities are high level, including:
- Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, annual accounts. Experience of Group consolidation essential.
- Acting as the leading interface between the Company and auditors and tax advisors.
- Banking covenant management, compliance and banking liaison
- Financial team management.
- Closely monitor working capital via the accounts payable and accounts receivable teams
- Overseeing payment of suppliers, staff expenses, other expenditure and ensuring that we have internal policies to support this
- Maintaining and improving the financial control environment.
- Formulate financial targets and budgets in accordance with the strategy determined by the board. Report and measure performance against those budgets and provide KPI support across the company to drive incremental profit/cash improvement.
- Providing effective financial reporting, KPIs, variance analysis and support to all departments across the Company to improve business performance.
- Influencing and providing financial support to decision making across the company.
- Review cash flow and balance sheet monthly
- Management and financial reporting, including management and development of policies, systems and processes.
- Manage company policies regarding expenditure for capital and expense items, as appropriate.
- Assist in preparing and presenting financial information for management and shareholders.
- Ensure good governance and compliance and co-ordinating the Company’s risk management.
- Integration of acquisitions and involvement in pre-acquisition due diligence. Experience of acquisition accounting essential.
- Ensure all areas of compliance are properly prepared and submitted within defined time limits (VAT, CIS, P11d, etc)
To be considered for this role, you must be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with the ability to operate in a dynamic, fast growth business environment