Health & Safety Manager - Global manufacturing business
It is an opportunity not to be missed for a forward thinking Health & Safety Manager wanting to progress there career with an outstanding global food manufacturing business.
My client is a global leader within the food manufacturing business. Manufacturing over 400 products worldwide with almost all of them being household names. It is an opportunity not to be missed for a forward thinking Health and Safety Manager wanting to progress there career with an outstanding business.
My client is looking to bring in an experienced Health and Safety Manager who is not afraid to drive a cultural & behavioural change within the business. The role with will be reporting into the Site Director. The key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all regulations are complied with through robust safety management systems, e.g.: working at Height, Confined space, Legionella, DSEAR, Fire safety, Pressure Vessels, Manual Handling etc.
- Main point of contact for regulatory authorities, HSE, Fire Authority etc.
- Ensure all Staff including self are trained to meet all HSE requirements
- Run H&S Meetings for Company and individual site, ensuring all actions are completed
- Audit safety management systems to ensure compliance in all areas of the business, ensuring and assisting with completion of all remedial actions
- Liaise with Managers in Operations and Head office functional areas to ensure their compliance with H&S requirements
- Assist staff in all areas with regular review of Safe Working Practices
- Work alongside Manufacturing/Engineering Manager to monitor/record and report on use of energy and to co-ordinate and drive improvement programmes to reduce energy consumption/unit produced
- Keep up to date with company environmental reporting both statutory and broader company requirements
- Manage security systems for the site liaising with Site Engineering Manager to ensure such systems are well maintained and that robust measures are in place to protect business property, products and people
To be successful in this role you will need to be a strong figure within the Health & Safety space and have a track record of influencing others within the business. My client will look at a HSE advisor looking to take the next step in their career. Other criteria will include;
- Commercially aware Manufacturing background FMCG or similar
- Nebosh Diploma
- Ideally 5 years + in a safety management role or role which carried responsibility for H&S
- Good team player and can demonstrate why this should be important for a role such as this
- Flexible in terms of hours to be worked to ensure that the role can influence and lead a safety culture across a 24/7 operational site
- A good depth of knowledge across the key elements of safety legislation covering the main hazards on site
- A knowledge of environmental improvements and the commercial aspect around this such ESOS or at least the willingness to learn and develop in this area
- A pragmatic yet structured approach to day to day leadership on SHE matters but a desire and ability to improve systems and ensure best practice amongst individuals.
£40,000 - £50,000 DOE plus an excellent package, benefits & opportunity.