Accountant required for educational institute. This is a permanent role to begin, or temporary to permanent if preferred. They are looking for someone to commence as soon as possible.
- To process all the necessary Nominal Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger transactions to enable reporting up to and including Trial Balance, Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reporting on a monthly basis for 3 UK sectors
- To be responsible for all bank accounts and associated cash books including banking of all monies and monthly reconciliations.
- Ad hoc monthly analysis reports on various financial aspects and managing batch payments using Bankline.
- Raising management reports including forecasting and budgeting.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts like Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and other reports as required.
- Preparing quarterly VAT reports for HRMC.
- Issue of invoices for use of organisation’s facilities and services on a timely basis, consult with the Headmaster/Bursar on any queries, and chase late payments.
- Year-End preparation and reporting.
- Calculating year end pre-payments and accruals and journal posting.
- Maintain fixed assets register and annual depreciation calculation and posting.
- All matters pertaining to payroll (for processing by outside payroll bureau) and subsequent monitoring to ensure accuracy of payments to employees on a monthly basis, including filing and journal posting.
- Dealing with internal and external auditor during annual audit.
- Opening new student accounts and managing accounts for miscellaneous receipts and payments.
- Working closely with General Manager/Bursar and providing various inputs for decision making process.
- Performs other duties as assigned that are commensurate with your skills and experience.
Accounts, accountant, profit & loss, management accounts, monthly management accounting, ACCA, CIMA