Our client, based in North Somerset is looking for a strong Finance Manager to help with the integration of their European entities.
Our client based in North Somerset are one of the fastest growing businesses in the South West. They are expanding across Europe and require a strong Finance Manager to help with the role out and integration into the main group. The role will require some travel but will primarily be based in Somerset.
The role will initially require close involvement in the set up and implementation of Management Accounting functions for the assigned country, as part of the Transformation Project for the group.
Once established, the Finance Manager will be responsible for delivering month and year end, and the resourcing, recruitment, development and training of the team; focusing on increasing levels of efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail in our processes.
Including but not limited to:
- Delivering the monthly Balance Sheet within set timeline, reconciled to the standard required;
- Review and sign off monthly P&Ls and delivery of summary variance analysis to budget each month to European FD and country CFO's;
- Ensuring complete and accurate data is delivered to the MA team including payroll data, clinic sales reports and taking reconciliation;
- Monthly reviews and sign offs workings including bad debt, transaction costs, payroll, prepayments, accruals and FAR;
- Delivery of the below the line items file and back up each month to European FD and for audit;
- Assisting the European FD as required in preparing for and delivering the annual audit;
- Quickly acquiring in-depth knowledge of current end-to-end accounting and reporting processes and systems;
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution, including identification of profit opportunities and accruals;
- Work together with the other Finance Managers to promote a united finance department and work towards increasing efficiency;
- Provide European FD with relevant supporting data to P&L and Balance Sheet to facilitate sign offs and reviews;
- Assist with Europe consolidation tasks and monthly Operational Pack reporting;
- Management of a small team of Management Accountants.
The Finance Manager will have end to end process ownership for at least one country, share best practice, manage the controls and risks and be the main point of contact for the in country CEO and CFO.
Although the local CFOs will drive the acquisition process, in country, they will require support, including the following:
- Completion of the Finance integration task list on time to quality for assigned tasks;
- Assisting with the completion of apportionment statements, completion accounts and following through on correcting incorrect tax practices;
- Once payroll has been transitioned, particular focus on a timely and correct handover to payroll and pensions and ensuring payroll is paid on time.
The successful Finance Manager will have the following attributes:
- Strong academically - educated to degree level and having completed their professional accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or similar);
- This person should be several years post-qualification;
- Experienced in management accounting roles in similar sized organisations and in managing a team;
- Must have sufficient commercial experience;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment - flexibility is key;
- Excellent IT skills including advanced excel, and confident on various management reporting systems;
- Strong attention to detail, and able to deliver right-first-time results quickly;
- A questioning mind; this person should always be looking for where improvements can be made;
- A natural leader, with excellent interpersonal skills, able to get results from the team and manage under-performance in an effective manner;
- Comfortable working within an environment where compassion is a requirement;
- Understanding of small companies and how they work, but needs big company background to understand/suggest best practice principles and help to drive change;
- Will need to be happy travelling during the Transformation Project stage.