Newcross has several full and part time Healthcare Assistant jobs based in Glasgow and the surrounding local area through our local branch.
Our business relies on the commitment and dedication of our employees to make a difference in the lives of the individuals we care for. We take pride in the quality of our care, so we're looking for experienced care assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
There is also the opportunity to take supplementary shifts as a Senior Healthcare Assistant if you have the essential qualifications.The Position
We offer care to clients in a variety of environments including care homes, nursing homes and supported living, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these settings. You may also be working with a wider team of healthcare professionals on a regular basis where MDT contact is required.
You will need to share our values of protecting dignity, promoting wellbeing and working in a person-centred manner at all times. Experience of caring for those with dementia is highly desirable.
Due to the location of some clients, access to your own vehicle and the willingness to travel around the local areas is essential.The Benefits
- Salary of up to £13.04/hr for Senior Healthcare Assistant shifts, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible contract with guaranteed hours
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Criminal record check (PVG) cost refunded after initial period
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Local line manager and branch support based in Glasgow
- Recommend a Friend scheme, paying up to £500 per successful referral
When you join Newcross, you will be employed as a permanent staff member, with all the benefits of a 9-5 job, including guaranteed hours, holiday pay and travel expenses. However, you will also enjoy the benefits of flexible work rotas, enabling you to pick your own working hours!The Requirements
- Right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years as a senior carer
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
- You will need to be SSSC registered or commit to registering when you join our team
- NVQ3 / SVQ3 in Health and Social Care with medication certificate (to take Senior HCA shifts)
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or willing to book onto a course with Newcross.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.