Your main role is to oversee new products and machinery introduction, ensuring a smooth transition from prototype through pre-production into series manufacture. You will also develop the company’s manufacturing capability by improving existing processes, delivering right first time product to a demanding production schedule.
• Develop project plans to industrialise significant new products, by working closely with design, prototyping and manufacturing departments.
• Manage the implementation of the plans across the organisation, through customer approvals to volume production.
• Develop and define new manufacturing processes and control documentation to facilitate the introduction of new products and to improve efficiency
• Develop cost targets (including process times) for new product and equipment introductions and manage plans to ensure these are achieved in volume production
• Develop Capex proposals and lead these through approval to project completion
• Introduce modern manufacturing techniques and drive best practice process
• Support the development of a modern continuous improvement and lean manufacturing culture across the organisation.
• As our employee you will ensure that all environmental, health and safety requirements are met. These include:
• Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards.
• Take personal accountability for your own safety at work.
• Take reasonable care for your colleagues’ health and safety.
• Identify and report hazards, incidents and accidents.
• Keep work areas clean and tidy.
• Use all equipment in a safe manner, observing the duty not to misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
Education and Qualifications
• A degree or equivalent in engineering.
• Demonstrable experience of successfully introducing new products into a manufacturing environment, ensuring a 'no faults forward’ approach.
• Experience and knowledge of industry standard approaches to risk management, including DFMEA, PFMEA, control plans and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Experience of introducing process improvements into an established manufacturing process.
• Has worked in a regulated environment, ideally automotive, with experience of TS16949 and APQP.
• Has successfully managed projects across an organisation.
• Experience of a variety of manufacturing techniques, metal forming processes and their associated costs and benefits.
• Experience in manufacturing process review, improvement & change.
• Management of suppliers and sub-contractors.
• Excellent planning and organising capabilities
• Excellent communication and influencing skills
• Able to manage to deadlines and overcome barriers
• Able to promote, champion and win support for new ideas and techniques
• A positive outlook and "can-do" attitude
• Innovative, with the ability to solve practical engineering problems
• Enthusiastic, self-reliant, honest, conscientious and reliable