About the role
Interserve Healthcare in Peterborough currently has positions available to assist a lady with Dementia in her own home.
The client has no awareness of time/place/person and is constantly mobile so you would need to be observant and ensure that the client is safe and remove any hazards. You must be able to provide full support with being washed and dressed, encourage a healthy food and fluid intake daily, sit with the client during meal times.
The client is unable to speak and can occasionally get irritated with the task in hand so the carer should ensure that you observe trigger points and complete behaviour charts to ensure we can recognise patterns. As the client cannot speak, you must be able to speak in simple and short sentences and change topic when the client seems to be getting agitated.
Shifts are detailed below:
Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm and Weekends 9am - 8pm
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience (Including Personal Care) - Essential!
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Experience of working with Dementia clients
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).