Product Development Co-ordinator
My client is looking for a Product Development Co-ordinator to join there expanding team in East Sussex. The right candidate will be highly efficient and organised with a 'Can do' attitude towards work.
My client is a fast growing and exciting business based in East Sussex. Quickly becoming a market leader in their field within Retail & Wholesale, they are continuing to grow in the UK and Internationally. They offer not only a fun and exciting working environment but plenty of opportunity to develop and grow as they continue to do.
As a Product Development Co-ordinator you will;
* Liaising closely with factories and QC in the Far East. This involves negotiating costs and time schedules and ensuring the management and control of quality.
* Liaising closely with third party suppliers and internal staff to ensure products are delivered according to brief and within time and cost parameters.
* Manage quote sheets, product brief sheets
* Monitoring critical paths and timelines to ensure that products are handed over in good time
* Managing the ordering of preproduction samples for Far East Suppliers and ensuring the effective transition of products into the testing process.
* Ensuring clear communication with other parts of the business including NPD, sales and logistics
* Working in accordance with company processes
* Closely liaising with NPD, compliance and logistics departments to ensure that products are delivered to brief and on time.
* Providing quote summary reports to the buying director for review
* Bench marking prices and challenging quotes where appropriate
* Working with suppliers to find the optimum product specification and feeding this back to other parties.
* Updating the Paladone intranet and Navision daily / weekly as required
* Obtaining and maintaining records of product commodity codes
* Arranging translations of copy for packaging and instruction leaflets
* Processing products for Bronze Seal, Silver Seal and Gold Seal according to product procedures
* Setting up product codes, barcodes for new products
* Updating products and packaging for existing items with required changes
* Taking ownership of product information that appears on Navision and the Intranet, maintain the system, ensuring information is accurate and up to date, including product weights and dims, prices etc.
* Attend and participate in Company and department meetings including but not limited to weekly NPD meetings, supply chain handover meetings
* To take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others, complying with the health and safety policy of the company at all times.
To be a successful candidate for this Product Development Co-ordinator role you will have;
- Previous experience in a similar role essential.
- Previous experience working with Far East suppliers desirable
- Strong negotiation skills and experience negotiating complex products with multiple suppliers
- Numerical skills and confidence manipulating costings and timelines.
- Project management experience in a fast paced deadline driven setting
- Basic Navision skills - training will be available
- Intermediate Excel and Microsoft Office skills
£20,000 - £24,000 (depending on experience) + Package