Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
It's about value for money and quality of insight. It's about commercial acumen, strong finances and robust budget management. Most of all, it's about relating figures to the difference they make. At Highways England, every number tells a story.
Due to continued growth and investment, we are looking to recruit new Senior Quantity Surveyors to join our expanding team in Bristol on a permanent basis.
Day to day
- Preparation of budget estimates and target prices in line with contract from project inception to target agreement
- Subcontract management including sending enquiry documentation, quotation assessment, task order award and instructions to supply chain where required. Supply Chain Payment assessment including all relevant documentation on a monthly basis.
- Ensure Scheme Cost and value reconciliation is performed to ensure correct cost capture has occurred.
- Management of site level change management including early warning and compensation event management and production, both to the Client and to the supply chain as necessary.
- Prepare scheme forecasts
- Monitor actual cost against targets
- Maintain schemes for, and participate in, audits as and when required
- Review and respond to scheme contractual matters
- Manage own portfolio of works
- Deputise for Commercial Manager as and when required
- Supervise work of Assistant/Trainee Quantity Surveyors and Quantity Surveyors as and when required
- Attendance and involvement in scheme buildability meetings
- Attendance and involvement in scheme collaborative planning sessions
- Review completed designs for Commercial and Contractual compliance
- Provide assistance to other departments as and when required
- Support and guide team members in pursuing Professional Qualifications (RICS/ CInstCES)
- Contribute to improvements which minimise risk to the health, safety and welfare of colleagues and stakeholders and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the Level 2 and relevant 2a Organisational Health & Safety RACI charts.
- Lump Sum (if required)
- Post qualification/graduation experience minimum of five years
- IT competence in Microsoft systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent commercial management skills
- Evidence of Open and Honest approach (ethics and behaviours)
- Experience of delivering projects under NEC suite of contract models
- Ability to review programmes in accordance with change
- Evidence of final accounting projects
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at .uk/