Live In Carer
About the role
The Peterborough branch of Interserve Healthcare is currently hiring a Live In carer who is available to do 4 day live in shifts with a client in the Ely area.
The client has previously suffered a significant brain injury which has resulted in a left sided weakness affecting safety during mobilising and ability to provide personal care independently.
The roles of the carer would be to prevent the client from falling and offer gentle assistance when roaming, assist with personal care; meal times and ensures medication is taken as prescribed. Carers should ensure the client is offered choice when getting ready as she takes great pride in her appearance.
The client is able to understand but cannot speak; she will show her feeling through facial and body expression.
The client is currently having 3 days live in care from Saturday 4pm to Monday 4pm however this is going to be changed to a 4 day rolling rota when the client is discharged.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience - including personal care (essential)
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Medication management
• Manual Handling
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).